Attention all Meriden creatives!
From May through July, the Meriden Public Library will be holding an art contest in anticipation for the grand opening of the newly renovated library at 105 Miller Street on July 14th and July 15th.
Send us your poems, photos, drawings, and crafts! Transform your love for Meriden into art! Participants in the art contest will be entered into a raffle with a chance to win prizes. All art will be displayed during the grand opening celebrations. All Meriden residents are welcome to participate and submit their own creative piece of artwork. Good luck and happy creating!
Submissions accepted: May 8th- July 7th
Theme: All submissions must have a connection to Meriden or the Meriden Public Library. This can be art about an event that took place in Meriden, a Meriden resident or the town of Meriden and the Meriden Public Library in general.
- Three ways to enter your submission:
- Upload at MeridenLibrary.org/grandopening (located below) or,
- Email it to email@example.com along with your contact information, whether you will competing as a child, teen or adult, and tell us what inspired your submission and explain its connection to Meriden or the Meriden Public Library or,
- Drop it off at the library (open until June 2nd at Meriden Mall).
- Limit one entry per patron.
- Open to past and present Meriden residents.
- Theme: All submissions must have a connection to Meriden or the Meriden Public Library. This can be art about an event that took place in Meriden, a Meriden resident or the town of Meriden and the Meriden Public Library in general.
- No profanity or vulgarity. Patrons who violate these rules will be disqualified.
- The contest deadline is July 7th. No entries will be accepted after this date.
- All plagiarized art will be disqualified.
- Prizes will be awarded to the winners of three age groups: Kids 0-12, Teens 13-17 and Adults 18+.
Please call Shayne at (203) 630-4621 if you have any further questions.