Get your free Meriden Public Library card today!
- Stream eBooks, eAudiobooks, movies, and music
- Visit local museums for free or at a discounted rate
- Learn a new language or build a new resume
- Borrow items from any public library in Connecticut
All Meriden residents are eligible to apply for a free Meriden Public Library card.
For further information and guidelines on borrowing from the Meriden Public Library, please review the library’s Circulation Policy.
Sign Up for a New Card:
Step 1: Complete the form HERE.
Step 2: Bring the necessary items below (one in Group 1 and one in Group 2) to the Visitor Services desk in order to obtain your new card.
- Group 1: Adults require one form of photo identification such as a driver’s license, CT non-driver ID, or passport;
AND one of the following: Group 2: Meriden utility or tax bill; any mail item delivered to Meriden home address; mortgage or lease agreement; or CT motor vehicle registration.
- Children under the age of 18 require one form of identification showing name such as social security card, birth certificate, or medical card; OR one of the following: student report card, school schedule, or school ID.
Step 3: Enjoy your new Meriden Public Library card!
We go beyond books!
If you only wish to access our online resources (for download and streaming, language learning, resume help, etc.), sign up for an electronic access (eAccess) card.