Get a Library Card
Get your free Meriden Public Library card today!
- Stream eBooks, eAudiobooks, movies, and music
- Visit local museums for free or at a discounted rate
- Learn a new language or build a new resume
- Borrow items from any public library in Connecticut
All Meriden residents are eligible to apply for a free Meriden Public Library card.
For further information and guidelines on borrowing from the Meriden Public Library, please review the library’s Circulation Policy.
Sign Up for a New Card:
Step 1: Gather necessary items:
- Adults require one form of photo identification such as a driver’s license, CT non-driver ID, or passport listing Meriden residence;
- Or a photo ID and one of the following: Meriden utility or tax bill; any mail item delivered to Meriden home address; mortgage or lease agreement; or CT motor vehicle registration.
- Children under the age of 18 require one form of identification showing name such as social security card, birth certificate, or medical card; OR one of the following: student report card, school schedule, or school ID.
Step 2: Bring the necessary items to the Visitor Services desk and a library staff will create your new card.
Step 3: Enjoy your new Meriden Public Library card!
*Library card renewals must be completed in-person at Visitor Services desk.
We go beyond books!
If you only wish to access our online resources (for download and streaming, language learning, resume help, etc.), sign up for an electronic access (eAccess) card.